Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he had compassion for them because they were troubled and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The size of the harvest is bigger than you can imagine, but there are few workers. Therefore, plead with the Lord of the harvest to send out workers for his harvest.”
Because of a generous $10,000 gift given to our church, we have created the Abundant Compassion Project. Our goal is to cultivate
a harvest of compassion in our community. We will grant $1,000 to ten compelling projects.
• Do you have a passion for a particular cause?
• Have you always wanted to start a ministry?
• Do you sense God calling you to help meet a community need?
Grants are open to individuals, small groups, or ministry teams within the church. In keeping with our value of abundant compassion,
the grant may fund a project entirely or be the seed for a much larger endeavor. Additional specifics include:
• Rather than simply be given away, each project should do
something meaningful with the $1,000
• The project should be concluded or planned by
Easter Sunday, April 21
• Submit a brief written proposal here
The needs around us may feel as big as ever, but we can do for some what we would love to do for everyone. As a community, let’s
be praying to our compassionate God to send out workers for his harvest