Opportunity to Serve: Tuesday, December 8 from 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Since the pandemic began, PADS has been operating by housing guests in three local hotels. With up to 115 emergency hotel rooms, and a need to provide nutritious meals for up to 150 families and individuals experiencing homelessness, this is an incredible opportunity for us to serve with our mission partner!
First Pres is scheduled to provide meals to 55-65 guests at the Red Roof Inn (1698 W. Diehl Rd, Naperville) on Tuesday, December 8. Meals can be frozen grocer or restaurant (including caterers or other licensed food providers) prepared dinner meals, and the guests have microwaves in their rooms.
If you would like to contribute, you can send a check to the church office with PADS in the memo, or donate online at firstpreswheaton.org/onlinegiving. If you, your family or small group would like to sign up for on-site delivery to each room, please reach out by email.
These are very difficult times for all of us, and those most in need in our community are even more cut off from the rest of the world than ever before. Let's not forget them!
Outreach Community Ministries (OCM), Carol Stream
• Older Adult ministry currently sponsored by First Pres.
• OCM manages a transitional housing program that First Pres now supports
• OCM offers MANY other programs from pre-school through college
The Bridge, Mission:USA, west side of Chicago
• Mission:USA is a Chicago-based nonprofit nondenominational Christian missionary organization that helps troubled, disadvantaged, and at-risk people make positive changes in their lives, fueled by a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• The Bridge, specifically, is a weekly program designed to help men and women coming out of prison.
• The Saturday morning Men’s group has been serving and supporting The Bridge for several years.